qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Is it possible to set authentication to only authenticate consumers?
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 18:00:12 GMT
Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 10/07/2011 05:50 PM, Fraser Adams wrote:
>> What I'd quite like to be able to do is to log, but not deny if a queue
>> is created that's not one of a named set. I'm suspecting that I can't do
>> that with acl and I might have to write a QMF client to do that.
>
> I think you are right, QMF may be the simplest way to go. You can
> quite easily get events sent out for queue creation and could then
> check the name against an expected set and log any deviation.
Yeah, I suspect that it ought to be pretty easy to do this using
qpid-printevents as a starting point. I've just had a quick look and I
suspect that the only slight gotcha is to cope with the case where the
broker gets restarted and a connection is made straight after. In this
case qpid-printevents was only showing its own bind events. I suspect if
I intercept the bind to the qpid.management exchange and use that to
trigger a getObjects() for all queues/bindings/exchanges to cover that
edge case.

Thanks for all your help yet again!!
Frase

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org