qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to set authentication to only authenticate consumers?
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 16:17:44 GMT
On 10/07/2011 01:59 PM, Fraser Adams wrote:

>>> I've just run up a basic C++ client and that asks for a password. It
>>> appears to be sending the account name as the username (in other words
>>> in my case it's saying Authentication failed for fadams@QPID:SASL(-13):
>>> authentication failure: client response doesn't match what we
>>> generated).
>>
>> Hmm, the c++ client doesn't default the username anymore. That was
>> changed some time ago
>> (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=732691), are you
>> sure you are using 0.10 client libs?
>
> I'm fairly sure I am using the 0.10 client libs, when I upgraded from
> 0.8 I did a full make uninstall of 0.8 then a full make/make install of
> 0.10, you might recall I had problems when I initially tried compiling
> 0.10 because the make was picking up the 0.8 libs so I had to do a full
> uninstall of 0.8 before I could make 0.10.
>
> Is there a simple way that I can double check the installed client libs
> are the right version?

I can't think of anything that could be described as simple. The change
I referenced should have been in 0.8 anyway though I think.

> Like I say what I appear to be seeing is that if I don't explicitly set
> mech_list: anonymous plain in qpidd.conf it appears to be trying to
> authenticate via DIGEST-MD5 using the account name as username, when I
> do set the mech_list explicitly it seems to happily send anonymous

That seems strange to me. For me, if DIGEST-MD5, PLAIN and ANONYMOUS are
all available, ANONYMOUS is picked by default unless a username is set.
Are you sure you aren't setting a username?

I wonder if your sasl lib behaves differently to mine...

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org