qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: How to set a binding on a receiver
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 16:17:41 GMT
On 10/07/2011 02:08 PM, Fraser Adams wrote:

>> I guess it depends on how you interpret 'directly'. What I meant was
>> that the API does not support modifying the bindings or other address
>> properties for a receiver once it is created.
>>
> I expect that my interpretation of the term "API" is "looser" than yours
> :-)
>
> I guess that I (in my head at any rate) look on the address options as
> part of the messaging API 'cause that's the only way to set many things
> that were once explicit method calls in the client API.

Your approach use the auto-create feature to create new bindings when
creating a new receiver. I view the effect this has on an existing
receiver as indirect. The creation of the binding is a side-effect of
another operation.

That is why I say its a difference of interpretation of 'directly'. Its
not because it is done through address options.

I don't disagree with the view that the address options are part of the
overall API. However address strings are intended to be more malleable
than the code that is tied to particular classes and methods. The
addresses will generally contain configuration rather than application
logic (though I fully accept this is a blurry distinction).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org