qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Is it possible to set authentication to only authenticate consumers?
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:59:11 GMT

>> I've just run up a basic C++ client and that asks for a password. It
>> appears to be sending the account name as the username (in other words
>> in my case it's saying Authentication failed for fadams@QPID:SASL(-13):
>> authentication failure: client response doesn't match what we
>> generated).
>
> Hmm, the c++ client doesn't default the username anymore. That was
> changed some time ago
> (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=732691), are you
> sure you are using 0.10 client libs?

I'm fairly sure I am using the 0.10 client libs, when I upgraded from
0.8 I did a full make uninstall of 0.8 then a full make/make install of
0.10, you might recall I had problems when I initially tried compiling
0.10 because the make was picking up the 0.8 libs so I had to do a full
uninstall of 0.8 before I could make 0.10.

Is there a simple way that I can double check the installed client libs
are the right version?

Like I say what I appear to be seeing is that if I don't explicitly set
mech_list: anonymous plain in qpidd.conf it appears to be trying to
authenticate via DIGEST-MD5 using the account name as username, when I
do set the mech_list explicitly it seems to happily send anonymous

Frase

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org