qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to set authentication to only authenticate consumers?
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:06:28 GMT
On 10/07/2011 12:09 PM, Fraser Adams wrote:
> How would I go about enabling anonymous authentication?

It should be enabled by default.

> I've
> successfully authenticated my basic Java client using the "guest/guest"
> username/password - I'm guessing that's not "anonymous" though as it
> clearly has a name :-).

In the Java client you need to explicitly set the SASL mechanism to use
(else PLAIN is the default). This is to be changed in the next release I
believe, to make the default choose from any of the mutually supported
options.

> I've just run up a basic C++ client and that asks for a password. It
> appears to be sending the account name as the username (in other words
> in my case it's saying Authentication failed for fadams@QPID:SASL(-13):
> authentication failure: client response doesn't match what we generated).

Hmm, the c++ client doesn't default the username anymore. That was
changed some time ago
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=732691), are you
sure you are using 0.10 client libs?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org