qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Authentication newbie help sought - I'm afraid I'm failing at the first hurdle :-(
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 09:26:13 GMT
On 10/07/2011 09:48 AM, Fraser Adams wrote:

>>> This looks exactly like I'm seeing, so I'm concerned that
>>> "--sasl-config" is
>>> broken on Ubuntu as is the path to the "default" qpidd.conf
>>
>> Could this be https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3528? I.e.
>> the usage statement is incorrect for that option - you actually need
>> to set it to /etc/sasl2/ in your case (i.e. the path not the file
>> itself)?
>>
> I don't know whether to laugh or cry :-)
>
> Thanks Gordon that does the trick, though I need an ice pack for my head
> now after banging it against the wall for the last day or so :-D I think
> this is what's known as "character building".

I know the feeling! Thanks to Pavel for raising the JIRA. As it turns
out this was raised earlier and fixed on trunk, though Pavel's suggested
patch is more complete.

> BTW the Jira says
>
> "man pages of qpid are correct:
> --sasl-config DIR"
>
> But I've just tried man qpidd on my system (for 0.10 broker) and got
>
> --sasl-config FILE
> gets sasl config from nonstandard location

The man page is generally generated from the usage statement and the fix
didn't make it into 0.10.

> Are there any plans to make the trace logging in this area more useful?
> Clearly qpidd --sasl-config /home/fadams/qpidd.conf didn't work, but
> there was no indication that it had failed to read the sasl qpidd.conf,
> similarly I tried temporarily renaming qpidd.sasldb and that failed (as
> expected), but there's nothing in the trace logs to suggest that qpidd
> couldn't find the qpidd.sasldb specified in the qpidd.conf

Need to investigate what is possible there (without loads of effort),
but I've added a comment to the JIRA on this as it would indeed help
wasting more time on this.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org