qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: receptor out of scope with no calling receptor.close();
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 09:18:23 GMT
On 10/04/2011 12:31 PM, joseluis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With other program, I'm sending 1000 messages per second on exchante
> testing/PRD1
>

> In program bellow, I'm receiving those messages
> The receptor gets out of scope and is created a new one per 1000 messages
>
> If line  receptor.close(); is commented, the client program increase quickly
> the cpu usage and memory
>
> If line receptor.close(); is not commented, it works fine

That is actually as intended. To cancel a subscription you need to call
close() on the receiver. Letting the handle  go out of scope will not
close it (indeed you can retrieve the handle via Session::getReceiver()).

Note also that the bug you mentioned before (now fixed on trunk) causes
the bindings for receivers whose subscription queue is both exclusive
and auto-deleted (as your example below is) to remain until the session
is closed.

I would suggest setting exclusive to False to workaround this until the
bug fix is released (assuming you can't easily patch your own install).
You can if needed introduce an x-subscribe:{exclusive:True} clause to
your address that will prevent other subscribers to the queue while not
marking the queue itself as exclusive.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org