qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Authentication newbie help sought - I'm afraid I'm failing at the first hurdle :-(
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 08:49:53 GMT
On 10/04/2011 09:08 PM, fadams wrote:
> o, I'm running Ubuntu and I noticed that I've got a file "/etc/sasldb2"
> (weird location!)
>
> in the spirit of nothing ventured nothing gained I did:
> sudo saslpasswd2 -u QPID guest
>
> sure enough
> sudo sasldblistusers2
> gave
> guest@QPID: userPassword
>
> And when I did sudo qpidd my clients authenticated and ran.
>
> But this seems to suggest that
> a) The default locations for the sasl config  don't seem to be being picked
> up (in my case I installed qpid to /usr/local)
> /usr/local/etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf
> /usr/local/var/lib/qpidd/qpidd.sasldb
>
> and
> b) The "--sasl-config" option on the broker (I've been trying 0.10 for this
> stuff) seems to be broken
>
> I'd really appreciate some advice, I'm far from an expert in this stuff and
> it seems rather obtuse to me. Could someone please explain exactly what
> paths qpid (or is it libsasl) ends up looking through.

What version of the cyrus sasl lib do you have? Did you build it
yourself or install it as a package?

I believe older versions do not support the sasl_set_path option
allowing you to override the location. There is a compile time
conditional in the qpidd code that is supposed to check for this.

You could also try setting SASL_PATH to include /usr/local/etc/sasl2/
which should pick up the qpidd.conf file there.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org