qpid-users mailing list archives

From Luca Martini <l.mart...@list-group.com>
Subject How to set a binding on a receiver
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 08:32:41 GMT
Hi all,
I am using Apache qpid C++ broker and the messaging API.
I understand that you can create a binding by specifying the correct
x-bindings property on the address passed to the createReceiver method.
However, I would like to add a key binding to an already created Receiver.
Is it possible?

I have started looking at the QMF engine library, but I'm not able to
find any useful documentation on the topic. If it's the right (and only)
way to do that could you please point me to some examples or tutorials?

Do you think there is a practical limit on the number of bindings a
Receiver can have?
On a more methodological side, I am asking these questions because I
would want to avoid to create one queue for subscription. My concern is
that, with hundreds (or thousands) of subscriptions, the broker could
become a bottleneck for our system. I know I'm being rather vague, but
if you could give me some suggestions or remarks, it would be very
appreciated.

Many thanks for your help.
     Luca

--