qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: two set of APIs, which one to use?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:32:22 GMT
On 09/30/2011 01:59 PM, Gang, Litao wrote:
> I am doing the asynchronous mechanism, i.e. when a message arrives,
> a callback automatically gets called. How can you do that with the messaging API?
> I don't want to initiate a call to fetch a messages.  This I don't know exactly how to
do.

At this point there is nothing built-in to do that. However it is pretty
easy to do so yourself, though again at present you need a thread per
session (as with the old qpid::client API). Just as an example of this
I've attached some simple sample code of what you could do.

I anticipate adding more in this area as time allows. There is a JIRA
open, with a very early and raw patch for review, that addresses the
thread-per-session requirement:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3460. Once that work
completes I imagine a standard, built in framework for dispatching will
be next.