qpid-users mailing list archives

From vipun <vinay.punno...@gmail.com>
Subject Qpid Java Broker performance lower than expected
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:25:52 GMT
Hi,
 I'm collecting performance figures for QPID Java based broker. The results
which i got after running the  QpidBench program are a little lower than
expected. My machine which is a quad core, 8GB RAM with Windows 7 gives a
message throughput of around 400 messages when both producer and consumer
client instances are active.

Qpid Java broker is configured to run over Derby and messaging is in
persistent mode.  I was expecting somewhere around 1000 atleast going by the
following blog which does comparisons between different messaging providers.

http://bhavin.directi.com/rabbitmq-vs-apache-activemq-vs-apache-qpid/

Do you think, the figures from my tests are correct, or what are the
expected performance results, or are there any tweaks which need to be done
for performance gains. I am running out of trunk.

Thanks & Regards
Vinay