qpid-users mailing list archives

From fadams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Authentication newbie help sought - I'm afraid I'm failing at the first hurdle :-(
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 18:37:39 GMT

> What version of the cyrus sasl lib do you have? Did you build it yourself
> or install it as a package?
Hi Gordon,
It looks like I've got sasl2.1.23 I installed it as a package on my Ubuntu
box via Synaptic Package Manager.

> I believe older versions do not support the sasl_set_path option allowing
> you to override the location. There is a compile time conditional in the
> qpidd code that is supposed to check for this.
>
> You could also try setting SASL_PATH to include /usr/local/etc/sasl2/
> which should pick up the qpidd.conf file there.
I just tried this I'm afraid I still get:

2011-10-05 19:19:39 info SASL: Authentication failed for
guest@QPID:SASL(-13): user not found: Password verification failed

Any other thoughts?

I did a Google search and came across this thread from a while back:
http://apache-qpid-users.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Authentication-woes-C-broker-Python-client-td2738303.html

It looks very familiar and the later postings in the thread refer to
"/etc/sasldb2" too. The thread is a couple of years old now though - there
was a Jira referred too https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1834 and
the last lines of that say:

Gordon Sim added a comment - 04/Mar/11 17:42

There is now a --sasl-config option to qpidd; does that solve the issue
adequately?
Sam Hendley added a comment - 21/Jul/11 19:00

I just tried this on ubunutu and it doesn't seem to have any affect. I see
the log message in the qpidd logs:

info SASL: config path set to /etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf

But when I try connecting it is still looking at /etc/sasldb2. I verified
this by adding different users to /etc/sasldb2 and
/var/lib/qpidd/qpidd.sasldb and attempting to log in with both, the ones
listed in /etc/sasldb2 worked.

This looks exactly like I'm seeing, so I'm concerned that "--sasl-config" is
broken on Ubuntu as is the path to the "default" qpidd.conf

Frase.