qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Gang, Litao" <litao.g...@jpmorgan.com>
Subject two set of APIs, which one to use?
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:54:14 GMT
Hello guys,

I have a general question on the qpid API.  In the examples provided with releases, there
are old_api and messaging folders.  The former uses qpid::client APIs for message and message
operations  while the latter support sender/Receiver patterns, closer to the java JMS interface.
 Currently oldApi is still needed for pub/sub usage.  Can anybody shed some lights on which
APIs should be used?   Is it likely that the qpid::client APIs get retired in the future (named
old, so not encouraged to use)?  I am asking because we want to cut the future upgrade work
to the minimum.

Thank you in advance.

-litao