qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPID Cluster and load balancing
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 07:48:37 GMT
On 09/28/2011 12:09 PM, Zhemzhitsky Sergey wrote:
> Hi Jakub,
>
> I understand that all the events are synchronized between all nodes of the cluster.
> What I'd like to understand is:
>
> 1. Whether it is possible to distribute the connections between the nodes of the cluster
transparently for the clients of the cluster?
> 2. Does it make sense to distribute connections between the nodes if we have about 100
connections to the first node and no connections to the second one?
> 3. Are there any benefits of using two-node cluster where the first node has 50 connections
and the second node has the same amount of connections comparing to the two-node cluster where
the first node has 100 connections and the second node has no connections at all?

There is no built in support for load balancing; there is some benefit
in doing so, however. The node to which a connection is actually
connected to will do a little more work. Spreading that work should
result in some performance improvement, even though the majority of the
load will be replicated on each node.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org