qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: JMS client skips string message properties
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:48:34 GMT
On 09/16/2011 09:42 AM, Jiri Krutil wrote:
> Hi Fraser
>
> When I call Message.toString(), I see a list of all non-string properties,
> but there is no trace of the string properties I have set in C++.
> I think the difference in behaviour that we see could be explained by
> different versions of the C++ client or broker or Java client.
>
> I was experimenting with Variant.setEncoding() on the sending side, as
> Gordon suggested, but to no avail. Unfortunatelly there is no documentation
> for this function, so it's hard to guess what the supported encodings are.
> (I was trying encodings "str8" and "UTF-8", but this did not help. My string
> only contains plain 7-bit ASCII characters.)

Yes, sorry about that, it does need addressed. The encoding you want is
utf8 (also recognised are utf16, binary and iso-8859-15).

> By the way if the property value cannot be treated as a String in Java, I
> still don't see why is it not at least made available as a byte array.
>
> Let's wait and see if Gordon has something to say on this...

Could you get a broker trace for a simple send and receive of such a
message? That might shed a clue at least as to which side the issue is on.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org