qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpidd using approx 10x memory
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 20:34:29 GMT

what is the gcc version? or do you know if memory thread pooling is
enabled in 10.04

turning that off should resolve the memory bloat. On Fedora / RHEL it is
an env var, should be able to google it for Ubuntu

Carl.

On 09/08/2011 01:30 PM, Jeff Armstrong wrote:
> Ubuntu 10.04

the memory than was actually being used by the queues. To do a simple test on this I wrote
a simple client that sends a bunch of messages that get stored in the queue, then compared
the total byte depth with the memory used by qpidd.

>> After sending 1 million messages, the byte count (using qpid-stat -q) showed 105MB,
but checking the memory usage I saw 1.4GB (checked with htop and pmap). The messages were
approximately 100 bytes large, so the byte count from qpid-stat makes sense. What doesn't
make sense is that the total memory usage is over 10x as big. I checked the memory usage of
qpidd before connecting with the client to send the messages and it was around 200MB, so there
is still a discrepancy of about 1.1GB. These results also match with the original problem
with an application I'm working on where qpidd used up all my memory (16GB) even though the
queue sizes added up to about 1GB.

>> I'm using version 0.10. Is this a known issue? I couldn't find it in the issue tracker.
Any workarounds?