qpid-users mailing list archives

From Zhemzhitsky Sergey <Sergey_Zhemzhit...@troika.ru>
Subject RE: QPID Cluster and load balancing
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:17:20 GMT
Hello Gordon,

Thanks a lot for the information. I suppose we will try to use a load balancer to understand
the difference between balanced and unbalanced client connections to a qpid cluster.

Best Regards,
Sergey Zhemzhitsky

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:49 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: QPID Cluster and load balancing

On 09/28/2011 12:09 PM, Zhemzhitsky Sergey wrote:
> Hi Jakub,
>
> I understand that all the events are synchronized between all nodes of the cluster.
> What I'd like to understand is:
>
> 1. Whether it is possible to distribute the connections between the nodes of the cluster
transparently for the clients of the cluster?
> 2. Does it make sense to distribute connections between the nodes if we have about 100
connections to the first node and no connections to the second one?
> 3. Are there any benefits of using two-node cluster where the first node has 50 connections
and the second node has the same amount of connections comparing to the two-node cluster where
the first node has 100 connections and the second node has no connections at all?

There is no built in support for load balancing; there is some benefit in doing so, however.
The node to which a connection is actually connected to will do a little more work. Spreading
that work should result in some performance improvement, even though the majority of the load
will be replicated on each node.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and protected
If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center  (+7495) 258 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org