qpid-users mailing list archives

From Tomas.Sol...@deutsche-boerse.com
Subject C++ and Python client diferences
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 08:57:13 GMT
Hi,

I am using qpid 13.0 API (from apache SVN) to build my C++ client and I
have came across this interesting difference when compared to Python
client.

So for Python I am using this address:

response/response.QPID_CLIENT.response_queue_1;
{
  create: receiver,
  link:
  {
    name: 'response.QPID_CLIENT.response_queue_1',
    durable: false,
    x-declare:
    {
      auto-delete: true,
      exclusive: true,
      arguments:
      {
        'qpid.max_count': 1000,
        'qpid.max_size': 1000000,
        'qpid.policy_type': ring
      }
    }
  }
}

But for C++ client the address had to be modified to:

response/response.QPID_CLIENT.response_queue_1;
{
  assert: never,
  create: never,
  node :
  {
    type: topic
  },
  link:
  {
    name: 'response.QPID_CLIENT.response_queue_1',
    durable: false,
    x-declare:
    {
      auto-delete: true,
      exclusive: true,
      arguments:
      {
        'qpid.max_count': 1000,
        'qpid.max_size': 1000000,
        'qpid.policy_type': ring
      }
    }
  }
}

And I had to add two ACL rules:

acl allow members create exchange name=response passive=true
acl allow QPID_CLIENT@QPID9999 create  queue name=response.QPID_CLIENT.*
passive=true

Can someone please explain me this difference? Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,

Tomas Soltys

Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o.
Managing Directors/Geschäftsführung:
Michael Gassmann, Mats Andersson.
Limited liability company with registered office at
Sokolovská 662/136B, CZ-186 00 Prague 8
recorded in the Commercial Register IC: 275 77 015.
Maintained by the city court in Prague,
Sec. C, File No. 116874.
Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese E-Mail. Das unbefugte Kopieren
dieser E-Mail oder die unbefugte Weitergabe der enthaltenen Informationen
ist nicht gestattet.

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead