qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>
Subject Re: Unification of qpid tools authentication options
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 14:07:22 GMT
Hi Pavel,

Unifying the options seems like a good idea. But it should be kept in
mind, that some people may have some automation build around these
tools. In our case, we have a set of shell scripts to set up the
broker environment, including creation of some exchanges, queues,
bindings etc. (If the options are changed, scripts like this need to
be changed as well, which increases effort, cause problems etc. In our
case, we use mainly the qpid-config, but others may use other tools as
well) You may take this into consideration when modifying these
options to cause as few problems as possible when migrating to a newer
version of Qpid.

Rregards
Jakub

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 15:29, Pavel Moravec <pmoravec@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> it has been noticed that qpid tools like qpid-config, qpid-cluster etc. use different
options for setting authentication stuff (username, password, sasl mechanism). Moreover some
tools don't have some options available. Plus few tools behave wrongly in some particular
cases.

> I would like to unify that, so I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3437.
I attached there a table with options each tool uses for setting up credentials. What remains
to decide (and why I write here) is what options to se for setting up username / password
/ SASL mechanism.