qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java qpid.max_size in the x-declare in an address appears to be unnecessarily limited.
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:58:58 GMT
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 08/12/2011 05:39 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>>
>> We now allow an arbitrary number of arguments within the arguments:{}
>> map and no checking is performed.
>
> How are integers treated? They aren't all converted to ints are they?

The address parser does convert it into integers so the maximum you
can specify is 2GB from the java client side.
We should modify the parser to try to parse it into a long if it gets
a number format exception when parsing it into an integer.

Btw I think it's quite ugly to have a user specify queue sizes in
large numbers. We should allow it to be specified in bytes, MB's and
GB.
Ex qpid.max_size=13334553 (treat it as bytes)
     qpid.max_size=100MB
     qpid.max_size=2GB

Regards,

Rajith