qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ilyushonak Barys <Barys_Ilyusho...@troika.ru>
Subject RE: Version compatibility
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:30:32 GMT
Gordon, Fraser,
Thank you for so quick response.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fraser Adams [mailto:fraser.adams@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 3:07 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Version compatibility

I've been doing this to test a bunch of things I'm working on and I've not had any issues,
so I'd say the answer is yes.

I guess too as they both use AMQP 0.10 they ought to be fully compatible.

There are a few QMF differences between the 0.8 and 0.10 C++ broker - the most significant
one is that in 0.10 broker QMF Events are returned as a List of QmfEvent Map objects encoded
in a BytesMessage but with 0.8 they are returned as a QmfEvent Map object  encoded in a Map
message.

If you're not using QMF2 clearly you won't care about that.