qpid-users mailing list archives

From Toralf Lund <toralf.l...@pgs.com>
Subject How can I tell if a Session is closed?
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:28:11 GMT
Hi.

Is there any way to tell if close() has been called on an
qpid::messaging::Session (in the C++ API)? There is no isClosed() or
isOpen() method on this class... It does seem like isError() will be
set, but can I rely on this? And how can I distinguish between a closed
session and a session with send(er) or receiver(er) error?

Related question: Do I need to close a session where an error has been
raised and isError() is true, or can I safely throw away the reference
without getting memory leaks? (If I can, I don't really need to know if
close() has been called.)

- Toralf

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information
which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please
notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy,
print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org