qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Can't get federated brokers to work in
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 08:45:25 GMT
On 08/18/2011 11:33 PM, Daryoush Mehrtash wrote:
> I am trying to get two qpid c++  Brokers in a federation but can't get them
> to work.    I am trying to get the client (python) "spout" and "drain" to be
> connected on two different brokers and have a queue route between them.
> Following instruction on:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/using-broker-federation.html
>
> I do the following
>
> 1) start up two brokers on two different machines
> 2)  ON the source machine where "spout" will be running do:
>
> qpid-config -a SOURCE_BROKER add queue public
>
> 3)ON destination machine where "drain" will be running do:
>
> qpid-route queue add DEST_BROKER SOURCE_BROKER amq.fanout public
>
> 4)Run spout on the source machine
> ./spout -a SOURCE_BROKER public
>
> 5) try to run the "drain" on destination machine
> ./drain -a DEST_BROKER public

You don't have a queue called public on this broker. You either need to
point drain at amq.fanout:

   ./drain -a DEST_BROKER amq.fanout

or create the public and bind it to amq.fanout:

   qpid-config -a DEST_BROKER add queue public
   qpid-config -a DEST_BROKER bind a,q.fanout queue

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org