qpid-users mailing list archives

From Toralf Lund <toralf.l...@pgs.com>
Subject Sender name vs address (C++ messaging API)
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:16:27 GMT
The QPid "messaging" API will allow me to create a sender by address,
but (only) look up existing senders by name - the
qpid::messaging::Session class has:

    Sender createSender(const Address &address);
    Sender createSender(const std::string &address);
    Sender getSender(const std::string &name);

Can I make *any* assumptions about the name given an address? Is there a
way to look up a sender created earlier for an address? Or isn't this
supposed to be possible? In that case, what exactly is getSender() for?
I mean, I'm assuming name is given by Sender::getName(), but requiring a
Sender to allow the lookup sort of defeats the purpose of the whole
method. OK, you can could maintain an address-to-name map, but then it's
probably easier to store the Sender objects.

It seems like the name is quite simply identical to the address if
something simple like a queue name was passed on create, but I suspect
it's not quite that simple for more complex addresses...

- Toralf

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information
which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please
notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy,
print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org