qpid-users mailing list archives

From Toralf Lund <toralf.l...@pgs.com>
Subject Re: Specify key for LVQ?
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:52:48 GMT
Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 08/15/2011 12:34 PM, Toralf Lund wrote:
>
>> I'm looking into the LVQ behaviour for QPid messaging setup. The typical
>> example usage example (in C++) for this is something like:
>>
>> Message request;
>>
>> std::string key;
>> args.getLVQKey(key);
>> request.getHeaders().setString(key, "key1");
>> request.setData("something");
>>
>> That's all very well for some uses, I suppose, but where does the key
>> actually come from? I can't find a way to set it via the C++ APIs, or by
>> using something like qpid-config. So, is the "LVQ key" some magic
>> property set internally? Isn't it supposed to be possible request "LVQ
>> behaviour" for any key according to AMQP?
>>
>> I think (in my application) I would prefer not having the sender set an
>> "LVQ key" as such, but instead just set one or more general "id"
>> properties, and let messaging config external to the application decide
>> if a queue is an LVQ, and if it is, which property to use when deciding
>> if messages are to be considered the same.
>>

> You can specify the property to use as the key when creating the queue
> by naming it as the value for 'qpid.last_value_queue_key' in the
> arguments to the declare.

OK. Thanks.
> This was first available from the 0.10 release in the c++ broker, and is
> now the only argument needed to enable LVQ behaviour. Prior to that the
> broker hardcoded this to 'qpid.LVQ_key'. The 0.10 release also made the
> previous modes irrelevant (you no longer have to choose between
> intuitive behaviour for browsers and correct consolidation of queue state).

Good.

I suppose it's about time to switch to 0.10, then. I have mostly used
0.8 so far...

- Toralf

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information
which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please
notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy,
print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org