qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Queues that exist only when their are receivers
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 14:36:33 GMT
On 08/11/2011 03:18 PM, Anthony Foglia wrote:
> We're trying to create a topology where we have an exchange with a
> queue bound to it, such that while there are receivers attached to the
> queue, the queue exists, but when there are no receivers the queue
> goes away.  (The exchange has an alternate exchange which sends the
> message across a federated queue to another broker.)
>
> We are creating the receiver with an address "binding_bug_queue; {
> create: always, node: { type: queue, durable: False, x-declare: {
> exclusive: False, auto-delete: True } }, link: { durable: False,
> x-bindings: [ { exchange : 'binding_bug_exchange', key: 'init' } ] }
> }".

Move the x-bindings into the node. The bindings for the node are created
and deleted if and when the node itself is created or deleted. The
bindings for the link should be scoped to the life of the
sender/receiver in question (i.e. the logical link to/from the node).

The python client will be fixed to correctly remove the bindings when
the link is closed.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org