qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Counting rejected/replaced messages on a queue
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 18:50:08 GMT

I speak under correction, but I believe there is a QMF event for this,
running qpid-printevents would print if there is one.

if not, we should add one.

Carl.

On 08/05/2011 02:20 PM, Jeff Armstrong wrote:
> I would like to be able to detect the situation where adding messages to a queue causes
it to exceed the queue's maximum size. I know I can get the current byte depth and compare
that to the maximum queue size to tell when it's about to start rejecting messages, but it
would be even better if I could get a counter to see how many messages got rejected (or replaced
if I use a replacement policy). I don't see any stats like this in the management schema.
Is there possibly an indirect way of getting this information?