qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Too many open files
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 10:51:43 GMT

the following link http://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/Large_Journal.pdf

> nfh=20 * (64 + 1) + 25 * (8 + 1) = 1525
>
> But the maximum number of the open files for qpid is set to 16384 that is ten times greater.

What about connections (qpid-stat -c), how many of those do you expect
to have?

Are the queues fairly static (i.e. the queues themselves don't really
change, just the messages on them)? I guess it is also possible there is
some sort of leak of handles(?)...

If you could monitor the open file handles during operation (or testing)
and observe any patterns that may also help.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org