qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Too many open files
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:41:42 GMT
On 08/01/2011 11:53 AM, Zhemzhitsky Sergey wrote:
> We have already set ulimit to be able to open 16384 files, but the error still happens
from time to time.
> Could you help us to identify the possible sources of this issue.

How many connections and durable queues do you expect to have? Each
durable queue uses 4 file handles at least (depending on configuration,
and assuming you are using the qpidcomponents.org store plugin). Each
connection will also use a file handle.

Is it possible for example that you have e.g. stale queues that are no
longer needed but taking up file handles?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org