qpid-users mailing list archives

From Steve Huston <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject Re: Can't get federated brokers to work in
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:05:12 GMT
What platform is this on?

Federation won't work correctly on Windows yet.

-Steve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daryoush Mehrtash" <dmehrtash@gmail.com>
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:33:18 PM
Subject: Can't get federated brokers to work in

I am trying to get two qpid c++  Brokers in a federation but can't get them
to work.    I am trying to get the client (python) "spout" and "drain" to be
connected on two different brokers and have a queue route between them.
Following instruction on:
https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/using-broker-federation.html

I do the following

1) start up two brokers on two different machines
2)  ON the source machine where "spout" will be running do:

qpid-config -a SOURCE_BROKER add queue public

3)ON destination machine where "drain" will be running do:

qpid-route queue add DEST_BROKER SOURCE_BROKER amq.fanout public

4)Run spout on the source machine
./spout -a SOURCE_BROKER public

5) try to run the "drain" on destination machine
./drain -a DEST_BROKER public

When I try to run drain I get error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./drain", line 81, in <module>
>     rcv = ssn.receiver(addr)
>   File "<string>", line 6, in receiver
>   File
> "/home/ijet/BGB/ext/qpid_python_client/qpid-0.10/python/qpid/messaging/endpoints.py",
> line 606, in receiver
>     raise e
> qpid.messaging.exceptions.NotFound: no such queue: public

I can see that the route is setup

Static Routes: DEST_BROKER(ex=amq.fanout) <= SRC_BROKER(queue=public)

If I connect the drain to the source broker it sees the messages. If I do
create the queue at the destination broker, the drain doesn't throw the
exception, but it wont see any of the messages on the source broker.

Is there something else I need to do to get the brokers to talk to each
other?

Thanks

Daryoush

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org