qpid-users mailing list archives

From Pavel Moravec <pmora...@redhat.com>
Subject Unification of qpid tools authentication options
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:29:11 GMT
Hello all,
it has been noticed that qpid tools like qpid-config, qpid-cluster etc. use different options
for setting authentication stuff (username, password, sasl mechanism). Moreover some tools
don't have some options available. Plus few tools behave wrongly in some particular cases.

I would like to unify that, so I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3437.
I attached there a table with options each tool uses for setting up credentials. What remains
to decide (and why I write here) is what options to se for setting up username / password
/ SASL mechanism.

Basically, these three types are present at some tools and one of them should be used:

qpid-perftest --username guest --password passwd -b broker --mechanism MECH
qpid-config -a guest/passwd@broker --sasl-mechanism=MECH
qpid-stat guest/passwd@broker -sasl-mechanism=MECH

Are there some preferences among qpid users? Or factical reasons what is better / worse ?

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Kind regards,
Pavel

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org