qpid-users mailing list archives

From fadams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject I seem to be getting spurious exchangeDeclare Events as a result of sending to a replyTo address.
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 19:47:54 GMT
Hello all,
In a JMS client I've created an address string of the form:

qmf.default.direct/qmfc-zappa.17410

and used this to create a reply address:
replyAddress = syncSession.createQueue(address);

which is then used in various request/response patterns e.g. in my request
messages I do:

request.setJMSReplyTo(replyAddress);

In another application in a MessageListener I get the replyTo via
destination = message.getJMSReplyTo()

then sent a response to the original requester via:

requester.send(destination, response);

But I've noticed as I've been monitoring QMF Events that I'm seeing
exchangeDeclare Events. There appears to be an Event corresponding to each
call to send.

This doesn't seem right to me. Is there a good reason for this, or is it a
bug? All these exchangeDeclares can't be good for the performance of
request/response invocations.

Regards,
Frase