qpid-users mailing list archives

From fadams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Java qpid.max_size in the x-declare in an address appears to be unnecessarily limited.
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 06:50:32 GMT
Hi all,
In an address node it's possible to declare a queue and one can set
arguments equivalent to administratively declaring a queue by using the
x-declare block.

I've not had a chance to test this out myself but one of my colleagues
suggested that this was limited to 2GB. I've just done a quick grep through
/client/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/client/messaging/address/QpidQueueOptions.java
and found the following: (Qpid 0.10)

    public void setMaxSize(Integer i)
    {
        this.put(QPID_MAX_SIZE, i);
    }

I've not traced any further, but the use of an Integer here rather than a
Long would indeed suggest a 2GB limit.

Is there a deliberate reason for this or is it a bug/oversight?

We're running a C++ broker on a box with 256GB so we're not especially
memory limited.

I know we can create queues administratively, but we (mostly :-)) trust the
broker clients and are working to a trust and verify model and allowing
clients to subscribe using their own address specs.

Regards,
Frase