qpid-users mailing list archives

From Zhemzhitsky Sergey <Sergey_Zhemzhit...@troika.ru>
Subject RE: Too many open files
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 11:00:11 GMT
Gordon, thanks a lot.

We expect to have no more than 2 connections for each queue, so it's equal to 100 connections.
Our queues are static, so such a behavior seems to be a handle leak.

Best Regards,
Sergey Zhemzhitsky
Information Technology Division
Troika Dialog, 4, Romanov lane, Moscow 125009, Russia
Phone. +7 495 2580500 ext. 1246

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 2:52 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Too many open files

On 08/02/2011 11:34 AM, Zhemzhitsky Sergey wrote:
> So we have 20 queues with --file-count=64 option and 25 queues with --file-count=8 option.
>
> According to the formula nfh=nq * (nf + 1) to estimate the number of
> file handles from the following link
> http://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/Large_Journal.pdf
>
> nfh=20 * (64 + 1) + 25 * (8 + 1) = 1525
>
> But the maximum number of the open files for qpid is set to 16384 that is ten times greater.

What about connections (qpid-stat -c), how many of those do you expect to have?

Are the queues fairly static (i.e. the queues themselves don't really change, just the messages
on them)? I guess it is also possible there is some sort of leak of handles(?)...

If you could monitor the open file handles during operation (or testing) and observe any patterns
that may also help.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and protected
If you need assistance please contact our Contact Center  (+7495) 258 0500 or go to www.troika.ru/eng/Contacts/system.wbp

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org