qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Armstrong <jarmstr...@avvasi.com>
Subject Counting rejected/replaced messages on a queue
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 18:20:05 GMT
I would like to be able to detect the situation where adding messages to a queue causes it
to exceed the queue's maximum size. I know I can get the current byte depth and compare that
to the maximum queue size to tell when it's about to start rejecting messages, but it would
be even better if I could get a counter to see how many messages got rejected (or replaced
if I use a replacement policy). I don't see any stats like this in the management schema.
Is there possibly an indirect way of getting this information?

Thanks,
Jeff
Project:      http://qpid.apache.org