qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jan.Knep...@faa.gov
Subject Re: Build QPID Client Libraries for Windows...
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:12:52 GMT
Thanks Chuck!

This seems to work... In progress to build the client libraries...

Jan

ManiaC++
Jan Knepper

William J. Hughes Technical Center
Atlantic City International Airport, NJ  08405

Phone: 609-485-4874
jan.knepper@faa.gov

From:
Chuck Rolke <crolke@redhat.com>

To:
users@qpid.apache.org
Date:
07/18/2011 14:09
Re: Build QPID Client Libraries for Windows...

Hi Jan,

>From a fresh checkout I build the windows stuff after a run of
cpp\bindings\qpid\dotnet\configure-windows.ps1. Do this first.

Do you have the prerequisites installed? Boost (32- and/or 64-bit), cmake,
python, ruby, cygwin, perl, ant, nant, doxygen, powershell,
Visual Studio 2008.

When I run my builds using configure-windows, I do NOT put boost in my
path
since CMake finds the same version of boost whether you are doing 32- or
64-bit
builds. Configure-windows forces the version of boost into the CMake runs
so that the 32- and 64-bit builds use the right versions. Read the script
comments for more details.

A path that work for me is:

c:\ruby\bin
C:\Windows\system32
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System32\Wbem
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\
C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake 2.8\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\doxygen\bin
C:\cygwin\bin
c:\perl\bin
c:\apache-ant-1.8.0\bin
c:\program files\nant-0.85\bin
c:\python26
c:\program files\7-zip

Now run the configure-windows.ps1 script. I build out-of-source builds
placing the 32- and 64-bit builds as peers to the /cpp directory:

qpid\b32    <-- Create this using the script
qpid\b64    <-- Create this using the script
qpid\bin
qpid\buildtools
qpid\cc
qpid\cpp
etc.

After the script runs CMake, cd to qpid\b32 and you will find the
generated
qpid-cpp.sln. That should compile and make the broker and client
components.

Note that a completely separate solution exists for the 32- and 64-bit
builds.
This is because of the path to boost.

Regards,
Chuck