qpid-users mailing list archives

From <DJohn...@princeton.com>
Subject Re: queue routes and message looping
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 19:30:10 GMT
Thanks, that worked.  I've been able to avoid message loops by setting the
id/exclude arguments correctly.

David Johnson
Princeton Consultants
2 Research Way
Princeton, NJ 08540
609.987.8787 x266

From:   Andy Goldstein <agoldste@redhat.com>
To:     <users@qpid.apache.org>
Date:   07/13/2011 02:21 PM
Subject:        Re: queue routes and message looping

I believe that exchange and dynamic routes automatically try to avoid
loops using trace IDs and excludes, but queue routes do not have this
configured automatically.  You can specify arguments when you create your
source queue (qpid.trace.id and qpid.trace.exclude) to achieve similar
behavior.  A message will be "tagged" with the value of qpid.trace.id
whenever it is delivered to the queue.  A message that is about to be
delivered to a queue will be discarded if its "tag" matches the value of
the qpid.trace.exclude argument on the queue.

Andy

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org