qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andy Goldstein <agold...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: queue routes and message looping
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:18:10 GMT
I believe that exchange and dynamic routes automatically try to avoid loops using trace IDs
and excludes, but queue routes do not have this configured automatically.  You can specify
arguments when you create your source queue (qpid.trace.id and qpid.trace.exclude) to achieve
similar behavior.  A message will be "tagged" with the value of qpid.trace.id whenever it
is delivered to the queue.  A message that is about to be delivered to a queue will be discarded
if its "tag" matches the value of the qpid.trace.exclude argument on the queue.

Andy

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org