qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Fallon, Richard" <richard.fal...@atos.net>
Subject RE: Syntax For Creating Static Route with Headers Exchange
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 08:56:51 GMT

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: 14 July 2011 17:03
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Syntax For Creating Static Route with Headers Exchange

On 07/14/2011 04:37 PM, rfallon wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am creating a route between two brokers on the headers exchange and
> would like to know how you specify an appropriate binding key.
>
> If I were subscribing direct to a headers exchange using AMQP I might
> use
>
> .. x-bindings:[{exchange:'amq.match', arguments : {x-match:all,
> data-service:lookup, data-type:xml}}]
>
> I have tried but alas I must concede, I cannot work out what format
> the binding key should be to represent the above.  Could you help me?
>

> qpid-route route add DEST_BROKER SRC_BROKER amq.match @@MYBINDINGKEY@@
>
> What should the value of @@MYBINDINGKEY@@ be?

The binding key isn't relevant to matching/routing with the headers
exchange.

Looking at the qpid-route options at present, I don't believe it is
possible to create a static route from a headers exchange.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Atos and Atos Consulting are trading names used by the Atos group.  The following trading
entities are registered in England and Wales:  Atos IT Services UK Limited (registered number
01245534), Atos Consulting Limited (registered number 04312380) and Atos IT Solutions and
Services Limited  (registered number 01203466) The registered office for each is at 4 Triton
Square, Regents Place, London, NW1 3HG. The VAT No. for each is: GB232327983

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee,
and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you receive this e-mail in error,
you are not authorised to copy, disclose, use or retain it.  Please notify the sender immediately
and delete this email from your systems.   As emails may be intercepted, amended or lost,
they are not secure.  Atos therefore can accept no liability for any errors or their content.
 Although Atos endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not warrant that this transmission
is virus-free and can accept no liability for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
The risks are deemed to be accepted by everyone who communicates with Atos by email.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org