qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>
Subject Re: How to detect the initial synchronization of brokers in cluster
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:27:46 GMT
> There is a reason for this behaviour. Qpidd is run by service startup
> scripts and I don't want to block other services from starting until qpidd
> has loaded its store. Worse, with cluster-size=N, brokers starting up will
> wait till there are N members in the cluster so they can sync their store
> status. If qpidd didn't return till this was done, it could delay startup of
> the host for an arbitrarily long time.  On the other hand I take your point
> that it gives a false impression of readiness. Maybe this behaviour should
> be configurable.

Well, yes, configuring this in qpidd directly will be certainly nice.
But I guess for most situations it will be completely fine if the
status can be displayed using qpid-cluster, qpid-cluster-store or some
simmilar utility. That may be easier then modifying qpidd directly and
at the end using a bit of shell programming, you can achieve almost
the same effect.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org