qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>
Subject Re: How to detect the initial synchronization of brokers in cluster
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:28:47 GMT
Well, it is not perfect method, but if the cluster is not running at
all on the given address, it returns an error almost immediately:

$ qpid-cluster admin/admin@rgc001:28610
Failed: error - (111, 'Connection refused')

Where as if the cluster is JOINING, it gets stuck inside and waits for
some time.

But there will be probably lot of other situations when this logic
doesn't work - some different states causeing it not to respond etc.

Regards
Jakub

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org