qpid-users mailing list archives

From Matt Stevenson <matt.r.steven...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting BytesMessage content type
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 07:48:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm sending a BytesMessage from Java to C++ and I ran into a little trouble
with content type.
In my Java client code I am using a javax.jms.BytesMessage from the
geronimo-jms_1.1 library.
The BytesMessage only has methods for get/setJMSType( ), and not
get/setContentType( ).
If I set the JMSType in Java, it does not change the contentType in C++.

I can work around this by casting the BytesMessage to a qpid
JMSBytesMessage.  Then I can use setContentType( ), which shows up on on the
C++ side.

>From the documentation I was expecting setJMSType to set the contentType.
Looking at the code, it sets the "x-jms-type" message header.

Should setJMSType actually set the contentType?

Thanks.

--
Matt Stevenson.