qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Messaging client timeout
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:14:07 GMT
On 07/27/2011 12:37 AM, Emir Ibrahimbegovic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How can I set idle timeout to be greater than 120 seconds?
>
> I've tried using this :
>
> amqp:///test?brokerlist='tcp://myhost:5684?*idle_timeout*='200000''
>
> assuming that this is in milliseconds and my value is always ignored:
>
> Ignoring the idle timeout 0 set by the connection, using the brokers max
> value 120
>
> But if I try to set it to a smaller value than 120 i.e.
>
> amqp:///test?brokerlist='tcp://myhost:5684?*idle_timeout*='115000''
>
> I don't see this message that my value is ignored. Is it possible to change
> this? Even better how to make it unlimited?

At present the broker hard codes a value of 120 seconds (not sure why)
and the client rightly ensures the value it asks for is below that.

Note that this value controls the heartbeat interval. It does not mean
that you will be disconnected if the application itself is idle. The
connection will send regular heartbeats (every 120 secs or whatever is
configured) in order to verify the connection is still alive.

If you want to turn heartbeats off  entirely, try setting the
idle_timeout to 0.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org