qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Session auto acknowledge
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:39:13 GMT
On 07/25/2011 11:43 AM, Emir Ibrahimbegovic wrote:
> I'm trying to download messages from my QPID queue without acknowledging
> them. Even though I don't acknowledge them, they still get downloaded from
> the queue. How can I check is my QPID queue setup with auto acknowledge(is
> there something like that)?

When you say 'download' do you mean deliver or dequeue?

For acknowledged transfer, the broker will deliver a message to a
consumer. That message will not then be available to another consumer.
The first consumer can then acknowledge the message allowing the broker
to actually dequeue it permanently. However if the first consumers
session fails or closes before the message is acknowledged the broker
will make it available for other consumers.

What is it that you want to happen? Do you want to browse messages, i.e.
see what is in the queue without actually removing the messages? Or do
you want the library to automatically acknowledge, but it appears not to
be doing so?

It's not clear to me what the exact problem is.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org