qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: issues migrating from qpid0.8 to qpid0.10
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 14:08:31 GMT
On 07/25/2011 02:01 PM, Nithesh Shetty wrote:
> This link does not provide any api to create exchange
> or assign an alternate exchange to a queue.

Read sections 2.4.3 and 2.16.

I'd also consider why you need to create exchanges and queues at runtime
rather than have them preconfigured.

To create an exchange (direct exchange in this example):

'my-exchange; {create: always, node: {type: topic, x-declare:{type:direct}}'

To create a shared queue with a given alternate-exchange:

'my-queue; {create: always,
node:{x-declare:{alternate-exchange:my-exchange}}}'

and to specify an alternate exchange on a subscription queue (bound to
amq.topic with my-subject):

amq.topic/my-subject; {link:{x-declare:{alternate-exchange:my-exchange}}

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org