qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QMF2 unbind doesn't seem to work for default direct exchange
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 08:10:39 GMT
On 07/18/2011 09:57 PM, Ken Giusti wrote:

>> Kind of related to this - I've not figured out a way to do "--passive" when
>> adding a queue or exchange with QMF2 it doesn't seem to be one of the
>> properties on create queue. Any ideas on that one?
>

> It appears that the "--passive" option is only supported by the "queue.declare" and "exchange.declare"
AMQP commands, not the broker create() commands available via QMF2.   Not sure if this is
by-design, or just missed in the QMF2 case.

It's by design. Creation is different from declaration. The latter was
supposedly to assert the existence of an object before it was used, with
the side-effect of creating it if not already there. The create command
is much more definite. It creates an object. If it is there already you
get back a response telling you that.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org