qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic Routes and Duplicate Messages
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:54:41 GMT
On 07/18/2011 02:05 PM, rfallon wrote:
> If I use two subscriptions that subscribe to "x-match:any", e.g.
>
> 1)  x-bindings:[{exchange:'amq.match', key:'source', arguments :
> {x-match:any, data-source:A}}
> 2)  x-bindings:[{exchange:'amq.match', key:'format', arguments :
> {x-match:any, data-format:standard}}
>
> I see duplicate messages for subscription (1).
>
> However if I use two subscriptions that subscribe to "x-match:all", e.g.
>
> 1)  x-bindings:[{exchange:'amq.match', key:'source', arguments :
> {x-match:all, data-source:A}}
> 2)  x-bindings:[{exchange:'amq.match', key:'format', arguments :
> {x-match:all, data-format:standard}}
>
> Then everything works as expected.  I hope this is of some use!

Yes, that makes sense. I was using the x-match:all when testing the
workaround but it isn't a general solution.

The issue there is independent of the dynamic federation and is a bug in
the headers exchange itself where it is not ensuring that a message
matching multiple bindings to the same queue is enqueued only once.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org