qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QMF2 unbind doesn't seem to work for default direct exchange
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:25:01 GMT
On 07/17/2011 08:04 PM, fadams wrote:
> I'm trying to do a QMF2 unbind
[snip]
> but when I supply '' myqueue mykey
>
> the binding identifier ends up /myqueue/mykey
>
> when passed to the Broker.cpp class deleteObject method the name gets passed
> to a BindingIdentifier object
[snip]
> which doesn't seem to support a null first entry.
>
> I can delete the binding OK with qpid-config, but that uses exchange_unbind
> rather than QMF
>
> Any thoughts? Is this a bug with BindingIdentifier?

Actually its a bug with the exchange.unbind operation. It is illegal to
unbind (or bind) anything from (or to) the default exchange[1]. The
default exchange is a workaround for the fact that up to 0-10 AMQP does
not let you publish direct to a queue.

Why do you want to unbind from the default exchange?

[1] Rule 'default-access' states "The default exchange MUST NOT be
accessible to the client except by specifying an empty exchange name in
a content publish command (such as message.transfer). That is, the
server must not let clients explicitly bind, unbind, delete, or make any
other reference to this exchange."

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org