qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Syntax For Creating Static Route with Headers Exchange
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:49:16 GMT
On 07/15/2011 04:39 PM, fadams wrote:
> I've got headers bindings on the destination broker with a binding key set
> to "data1"
>
> I did "qpid-route route add localhost:5673 localhost:5672 amq.match data1"
>
> Which seems to be what you were suggesting to Richard and I get the
> following message on the source broker "error Execution exception:
> internal-error: Invalid or missing x-match value binding to headers
> exchange. Must be a string ["all" or "any"]
> (qpid/broker/HeadersExchange.cpp:110)"
>
> Were you suggesting that static exchange routes should work with headers
> exchange if one creates the binding on the dest broker with a binding key
> and one passes that to qpid-route.

No, I was suggesting using a unique binding key for the subscriptions on
the destination broker in a dynamic route between two headers exchanges
(i.e. the subscriptions used by the application itself, not those
concerned with internal federation).

As far as I can see there is no way to create a static route between two
headers exchanges as the management schema for creating bridges does not
allow passing general arguments. Its either dynamic routes or, as you
rightly suggested, queue based routes.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org