qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid 0.8 queries
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:57:39 GMT
On 07/13/2011 05:36 AM, Nithesh Shetty wrote:
> My requirement is
> when i browse a  msg in a queue it should return me unique msg id.
>
> and if i successfully process the msg received from the queue then
> i remove the msg from the queue matching the msg id mentioned.

The problem you have here is that the c++ messaging API does not support
selecting a message by id (or indeed in any way filtering the messages
to be received from a queue).

So to remove a message with a given id, you would have to go through all
the messages on the queue until you find the one you want and then
acknowledge only that message and release all the others. That is not a
pattern I would recommend for general use.

Selectors is a feature we plan to add in the future to the messaging API
and to the c++ broker.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org